Monday, May 26, 2014

Leftovers: Rice Salad

When I get into the kitchen to cook these days, it's only western cuisine. A few reasons for this. The first is that my kids love non-Indian food. The second is that my cook makes all the Indian stuff pretty well. The third is that I am not a big fan of the labor surrounding most Indian dishes.

Call me lazy if you will, but that's the truth.
And today's recipe I'd the perfect example if what I am taking about.

Rice Salad. Here is my version of it, much influenced by the leftovers in my fridge.

Ingredients
1. Leftover cooked rice
2. Lettuce leaves - torn
3. Basil leaves
4. Walnuts - chopped
5. Cottage cheese (paneer) - cubed into bite sized pieces
6. Pear - cubed into bite sized pieces
7. Thai chili dressing

Method
1. Combine ingredients 1 to 6 in a bowl.
2. Pour dressing over it.
3. Toss, serve and eat.

Enjoy!



posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment